Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Blessing and the Curse

I've been busy this weekend, having the privilege to go with friends to Disney World for a friend's birthday, so I didn't have much time for painting, but I do have a ton of pictures for inspiration thanks to my wonderful friend who let me come. It was awesome, and to those of you who know what I mean, Do you match? ;) Traveling on a road trip with art friends is awesome. Have any of you ever heard of Disneybound? We all participated )all eight of us) and I chose to dress as Megara. Very fun and we all enjoyed the little details Disney loves to throw into their architecture and lines to just complete the experience.
Does anyone else see the happy monkey with a butterfly on his nose? Maybe that one's just me. There are days that I feel some of my non-art friends miss out on life. The beauty is everywhere around them-  in the rain, in the shadow, reflections, refractions, lightings- subtle things. Disney takes advantage of all that- it's just meant to be appreciated by artists. Really, normal seeing must be boring. I would have to say though, that 'great power' of seeing comes with the 'responsibility' of desiring to fix ugly things- or at least relieve the pain of seeing those ugly things by plucking my eyes out. There is a spot to eat pizza in the Animal Kingdom. If you desire to keep your eyes in their sockets, don't go to the room all the way in the back. It has a horrific mural painted on it. It wouldn't be so horrific, except we are at Disney and everything else is so pretty.


Ok. This is the little part in the back. It's a fall scene on the right and a winter scene on the left wall. Above is the corner of that room where the winter and fall scene meet. To whomever painted this mural: what in the world made you think that  the blue snow scene and the the gaudily red fall scene could be harmonized by sticking in a viridian green glowing leafy tree in between them. Anyone??


Secondly. I hate this bear. It is stylized. That's cool. Cubs are cute. However, just to the right of this is the cutest realistically rendered baby seal that I wish I could hug and squeeze. That seal makes these bears look like awkward stick figures.

Disney. If you are reading this: PLEASE LET ME REPAINT THIS ROOM. I will make it amazing and worthy to be in the Animal Kingdom. Til then, please white wash it for me.
  Gaghhh!!! Alright, I'm done with my tirade now.


No comments:

Post a Comment