Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A New Adventure


'


There are days as a human being where you need to get away from it all. Avoid traffic, cars, humans in general, but not specifically. There has been acouple of those trips I've had recently and this was one of them. I'm totally going to paint this site one day  (one day meaning when I actually have a French easle that all my friends seem to have but I don't). I love painting rushing water. Or any water for that matter. It's just so fun to get the water to cascade down over rocks and trickle into the lazy stream. The noise off this falls was perfect and the day wasn't too hot. I was actually perfect and great for exploring. I didn't take my camera with me exploring so I can't show you the rocks that were down the way, but they were great huge rocks. I learned to beware of crevices, because they have poisonous snakes in them, but I feel more sorry for the snake than I do myself. The one that we met its end before we met ours. The rocks further down the stream were more like boulders. A friend of mine dubbed the big one that was slanted "Pride Rock." It kind of looked very reminiscent of Lion King I would have to say. We just needed one of the guys to take a cat up there and raise it in the air. Would have been a great picture.  All that to say, go on a hike and rejuvenate. Enjoy the wonders of God's creation. Escape the man-made city dwellings. It's good for the soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment